B.ED Admission 2022 Course Details (Everything You Need to Know)
B.ED Admission 2022 is now open, As we know teaching is considered one of the prestigious professions in India, an individual must have a B.Ed degree if one wishes to become a teacher.
It helps candidates to improve their soft skills such as communication skills.
The importance of a B.ED course is:
- It is necessary if you want to be a government teacher, some private institutions which pay well also ask for this degree.
- Job satisfaction obtained after teaching students is also one of the motivations to pursue this course, a teacher contributes to nation-building.
- Usually, teachers get good pay after completing B.ed, average salary for the government primary teacher ranges from INR 7 -8 lakhs approximately annually.
- Job security is also one of the important factors which make this career valuable.
- Candidates can also open their tuition centres after B.ed which opens entrepreneurial doors for the candidates.
- candidates also apply for B.ed because the time duration of working hours is less compared to other professionals.
- The full form of B.Ed course is a bachelor of education, its duration ranges from 2-4 years, for different institutions.
- A person can pursue a B.Ed course in regular, online, part-time and distance learning mode.
- Candidates can pursue online B.Ed courses from various platforms such as Coursera, edx, up grad, etc.
- The subjects of the b.ed course are contemporary India and education, school attachment, health, etc.
- The best colleges or universities to pursue the b.ed course are Banaras Hindu University, Delhi University, and the University of Calcutta.
- The minimum eligibility criteria for pursuing B.ed from any institution is that an individual must have completed his graduation from a recognized university with a minimum score of 50% aggregate marks.
- The candidate needs to appear for an entrance exam if they want admission in a B.ed course.
- Top entrance exams for B.ed courses are DU B.ed entrance exam, RIE CEE, MAH B.ED CET, etc.
- The average fee for the B.ed course ranges from INR 50,000-3,00,000 approximately. The fee for government colleges is relatively lower than that of private colleges.
- The working professionals who are not happy with their current career and want to build a career in the field education sector can opt for a distance B.ed.
- Candidates who want to become teaching professionals abroad can apply to top universities around the world. The average course fee for B.ed abroad is around INR 20,00,000 per annum.
- With the implementation of the new education policy candidates who have completed their post-graduation degree can pursue a B.ed degree for 1 year which will make candidates job-ready within a shorter period.
Who should study B.ed?
Till now we have a rough idea about what is B.ed and some other important aspects of B.ed. Now we will discuss who should pursue B.ed.
- The B.ed course should be studied by candidates who wish to have a career in the educational sector.
- Candidates who like to work with children and guide them in education.
- Candidates who wish to become special educators can also take a B.ed program.
- Candidates who are interested in becoming educational counsellors can also take this course.
- Candidates who are working as teachers but want to get better career prospects can also consider pursuing this course.
When to do B.Ed?
- Candidates can immediately start with their B.ed after completion of their graduation. A candidate from any stream can pursue B.ed
- Candidates must also put in more time to pass the B.ed entrance exam if they get admission to a government college, as it holds more value than that of private institutions.
B.ED Admission 2022 (Complete Process)
Admission to B.ed courses is done based on several entrance exams such as IPU CET, BHU B.ed entrance test, DU B.ed, etc.
After clearing the entrance exam, the candidate needs to sit for
GD/PI if that particular college demands it.
After clearing the GD/PI round you have to submit the essential documents to the college and fees to secure your admission and reserve your seats.
Eligibility Criteria for B.ED 2022
Different colleges have different sets of requirements or eligibility criteria to get admission to the B.ed course; however, the general eligibility criteria for the B.ed course remain the same for every college.
- Candidates wishing to apply for the course must be a graduate. They should have secured a minimum score of 50-55% aggregate marks in the final year of graduation.
- Some colleges even have a minimum age limit to pursue this course, the minimum age limit of 19-20 years approximately.
For detailed eligibility criteria, you must check the eligibility criteria for the college you wish to give the exam.
B.Ed admission in 2022
B.ed admission in 2022 is done based on the entrance exam to the top colleges and universities.
Given below are the top entrance exams which an individual can give if he/she wants to get admission to the top colleges for B.ed course.
- RIE CEE
- DU B.ed Entrance exam
- IPU CET
- BHU B.ed entrance exam
- UP B.Ed entrance exam
Now let’s know about these exams in detail
The full form of RIE CEE is the Regional Institutes of Education Common Entrance Examination.
RIE CEE is conducted by the NCERT.
The duration of the RIE CEE is 120 minutes.
The application fee for RIE CEE is INR 900 for the general and OBC categories. Fees for other categories are INR 450.
CUET is an entrance exam conducted by the NTA for admission to the undergraduate and B.ed courses.
DU B.Ed Entrance exam
It is an entrance exam which is conducted by the Delhi University for admission to the B.ed course.
The exam is generally held in the online mode and the duration of the exam is 2 hours consisting of 100 MCQs.
The entrance consists of questions about subject knowledge, language proficiency, reasoning and general awareness.
The cost of the examination form for DU B.ed is INR 500 for the general/OBC category and INR 250 for other categories.
is a university-level entrance examination conducted by the GGSIPU for admission into different UG and PG courses?
The duration of the IPU CET is 3 hours.
The fee for the examination is INR 1200
There are about 200 seats available in the B.ed course.
BHU B.Ed entrance exam
BHU B.ed entrance exam is a university-level examination conducted by Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
BHU entrance exam is conducted in online mode. The duration of the exam is 2.5 hours.
The fee for the entrance examination is INR 400 for the general and OBC category, and fees for other categories is INR 200.
UP B.Ed Entrance Exam
It is a state-level exam that is conducted by Lucknow University for admission to the B.Ed course.
The duration of the UP B.ed entrance exam is 3 hours.
The total marks for the UP B.ed exam are 200 marks.
B.ED Admission 2022 Important dates (Key Highlights)
The exam calendar for most of the B.ed exams has been released, given below table shows the important dates for the B, ed entrance exam.
|Name of the Exams||Registration Dates||Exam Dates|
|TS EDCET||April 06 – June 30, 2022,||July 26 – July 27, 2022,|
|IPU CET||March 04 – May 31, 2022,||June 19, 2022,|
|DU B.Ed||4th Week of May 2022||4th Week of June 2022|
|MAH B.Ed CET||March 24 – July 7, 2022,||August 21 to August 22, 2022,|
|Bihar B.Ed CET||April 25 – May 17. 2022||Postponed|
|UP B.Ed JEE||April 18 – May 20, 2022,||July 6, 2022,|
|BHU B.Ed Entrance Test||To be announced||To be announced|
Types of B.Ed in 2022
B.ed has been made compulsory for teaching students in public schools in India, this has increased the demand for B.ed courses among the candidates.
Since the course was introduced in India, many modifications have been made in the course so that it can be done by every candidate at their ease.
There are various types of b.ed which a person can pursue. Let’s discuss the types of B.ed one by one.
Full Time B.Ed
- A full-time B.ed is a 2-year professional course offered to candidates who want to make their career in the field education sector.
- Full-time B.ed course is generally pursued by most of the candidates.
- The average course fees for the B.Ed course full-time course ranges between INR 20,000-2,00,000 approximately.
- Admission to the online B.ed courses is available throughout the year and is done on a first-come and first-serve basis.
- The courses are available on various online platforms like Coursera, edx, etc.
- The fee for an online course ranges from INR 3,000-15,000 approximately.
B.ed Vs BTC
The difference between BTC or Basic teaching certificate and B.ed bachelors of education is that BTC focuses more on primary education whereas B.ed focuses on teaching jobs till class 12th.
Given below table shows the key difference between B.ed and BTC.
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Education||Basic Training Certificate|
|Overview||B.Ed. allows one to pursue their career
in teaching students till class 12th
|BTC makes you ready for
teaching primary students
|Duration||2 Years||2 Years|
|Eligibility||Qualified graduate from a recognized college||Qualified 10+2 classes|
|Average Annual Fee||INR 20,000- 1 Lakhs per annum||INR 20,000- 2 Lakhs per annum|
|Average Salary offered||INR 2.5-4 Lakhs per annum||INR 2-3 Lakhs per annum|
B.Ed Specialization in 2022
Since you know that there are various teachers in a school which are teaching different subjects, thus a person can do specialization in the subject he/she is interested to teach.
Given below are the specialization of B.ed which a person can consider while doing B.ed.
|B.Ed in Hindi||B.Ed Special Education|
|B.Ed English||B.Ed in Computer Science|
|B.Ed in Sanskrit||B.Ed Commerce|
|B Ed Psychology||B.Ed Mathematics|
|B.Ed Economics||B.Ed Physical Education|
|B.Ed Physical Science||B Ed Home Science|
|B Ed Physics||B Ed History|
|B.Ed social science||B.Ed Tamil|
|B.Ed Chemistry||B.Ed Malayalam|
|B.Ed Political Science||B.Ed Geography|
|B.ed natural science||B.Ed Hearing Impaired|
Distance B.Ed in 2022
Distance B.ed education is a 2-year correspondence professional course that is taken by the working professionals who do not have time to attend a full-time B.ed college.
Distance B.Ed admission in 2022
Admission to Distance B.ed can be done both based on merit as well as entrance exams. Now let’s have a look at the general eligibility criteria for the Distance B.ed
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum aggregate score of 50-55% approximately.
- The candidates of the reserved category are given a 5% relaxation for selection.
- There is no minimum or maximum age limit for admission in Distance B.ed.
- The average fee for the course ranges from 50,000-1,00,000 per annum approximately.
Distance B.Ed from IGNOU 2022
The IGNOU, Indira Gandhi National open university is one of the best institutions to pursue distance B.ed the minimum duration of the course is 2 years and it can go up to 5 years. The course fee ranges from INR 50-75,000.
The admission is undertaken in IGNOU for the B.ed course based on the marks secured in the entrance exam.
The Average marks that an individual must secure in bachelor’s degree ranges from 50-55% approximately.
Distance B.ed from NSOU 2022
The NSOU(Netaji Subhas open university), Kolkata offers a distance B.ed course which is approved by the distance education board-UGC.
The duration of the Distance b.ed course from NSOU is 3 years.
The average marks scored by the candidate in UG/PG should be 50-55% approximately.
The course fee ranges from INR 40-50,000 approximately.
Top Distance B.Ed Courses in 2022
This section will know about the top colleges from where you can pursue Distance B.ed, the location of these universities and the average fee charged from them.
The below-mentioned fee is approximate, they are not the exact fees for the course, you can check the exact fees for the colleges from their websites.
|College Names||Location||Average Fees|
|IGNOU||New Delhi||INR 50,000-75,000|
|Lovely Professional University||Phagwara||INR 50,000-55,000 (Per semester)|
|Annamalai University||Chidambaram||INR 1,10,000-1,30,000|
|Rabindranath Tagore University||Bhopal||INR 108,000-1,20,000|
|Bharathidasan University||Trichy||INR 50,000-60,000|
B.Ed Curriculum 2022
B.ed curriculum is designed in such a way so that the students are well acquainted with the skills that are required to face various challenges in teaching students.
It also tells the teacher that teaching is not all about just completing the syllabus, it is about communication and proper passing of knowledge.
Each year of education is divided into 2 semesters of 4-6 months in B.ed course
B.Ed Syllabus 2022
Given below is the semester-wise syllabus for the B.ed program
|B.Ed Syllabus Year 1|
|B.Ed Syllabus First Semester||B.Ed Syllabus Second Semester|
|Childhood and Growing Up||Learning and Teaching|
|Contemporary India and Education||Pedagogy of School Subject-1 – Part II|
|Language across the Curriculum||Pedagogy of School Subject-2 – Part II|
|Pedagogy of School Subject-1 – Part I||Knowledge and Curriculum|
|Pedagogy of School Subject-2 – Part I||Assessment for Learning|
|Understanding ICT and Its Application||School Attachment|
|School Exposure||Community living camp|
|Field Engagement activities||–|
|B.Ed Syllabus Year 2|
|B.Ed Syllabus Third Semester||B.Ed Syllabus fourth Semester|
|Pre internship||Gender, School and Society|
|Internship||Reading and Reflecting on Texts|
|Engagement with the Field: Tasks and
Assignments related to the internship
|Arts in Education|
|–||Understanding the Self|
|–||Creating an Inclusive School|
|–||Health, Yoga and Physical Education|
|–||Engagement with the Field: Tasks and Assignments|
B.Ed Subject Contents 2022
You must know the subject contents of the B.ed course before pursuing this course, given below are the subject contents for the B.ed course.
|Childhood and Growing Up||Learner as a Developing Individual, Development and Learning, Adolescence: Issues and Concerns, Stages of Child Development|
|Contemporary India and Education||Contemporary India, Constitutional Provisions and Education, Initiatives of the Government of India, Contemporary Indian Education:|
|Learning and Teaching||Understanding the Learner, Understanding Learning, Teaching as a Profession, Learning in a ‘Constructivist’ Perspective|
|Gender, School and Society||Key Concepts of Gender Issues, Socialization Processes in India, Creating Gender Inclusive Classroom|
|Creating an Inclusive School||Understanding Inclusion in Education, understanding physical, psychological and social-cultural diversity, Addressing Learners’ Diversity|
Top B.Ed Colleges in India
There are various colleges in India which are offering B.ed courses, but it is not possible to shortlist colleges which can make a list of the top colleges of B.ed in India.
So, we will be telling you the top colleges in New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Howrah.
B.Ed Colleges in New Delhi
There are a lot of colleges and universities in New Delhi which are offering B.ed courses we have shortlisted some of the best colleges among them with their fees. The entrance exams which you have to take if you want admission in Delhi to b.ed colleges are DU B.ed entrance exam, IPU CET, etc.
|College Names||Average Fees(INR)|
|Delhi University – [DU], New Delhi||20,000-75,000|
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University – [GGSIPU], New Delhi||67,000-90,000|
|Jamia Millia Islamia University-[Jmi], New Delhi||6,000-15,000|
|Kamal Institute of Higher Education & Advance Technology, New Delhi||48,000-75,000|
|Amity Institute of Education – [AIE], New Delhi||67,000-80,000|
|Guru Nanak College of Education – [GNCE], New Delhi||12,000-25,000|
|Fairfield Institute of Management and Technology – [FIMT], New Delhi||80,000-90,000|
|R.C. Institute of Technology – [RCIT], New Delhi||66,000-75,000|
|Maharaja Surajmal Institute – [MSI], New Delhi||76,000-79,000|
B.Ed Colleges in Kolkata
There are 25 B.Ed Colleges in Kolkata. The admission to these B. Ed courses is done based on a merit list or entrance examination, we have shortlisted some of the colleges from these 25 colleges.
|College Names||Average Fees(INR)|
|Loreto College, Kolkata||28,000-30,00|
|Rabindra Bharati University – [RBU], Kolkata||26,000-30,000|
|St. Xavier’s College – [SXC], Kolkata||34,500-40,000|
|Sammilani Teachers Training College, Kolkata||75,000-85,000|
|University of Calcutta, Kolkata||2,000-10,000|
|Acharya Jagdish Chandra Bose College, Kolkata||32,000-40,000|
|Jadavpur University, Kolkata||15,000-20,000|
B.Ed Colleges in Chennai
B.Ed course is offered in 20-25 colleges in Chennai. The average fees of some of the top B.Ed Colleges have been tabulated below.
|College Names||Average Fees(INR)|
|Vinayaga College of Education – [VCE], Chennai||45,000-55,000|
|DMI College of Education, Chennai||55,000-60,000|
|Stella Matutina College of Education, Chennai||40,000-50,000|
|Institute of Advanced Study in Education, Chennai||4,000-15,000|
|Srm Institute of Technology, Kattankulathur, Chennai||55,000-60,000|
|VELS Institute of Science, Technology & Advanced Studies, Chennai||54,000-60,000|
|Dr M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute, Chennai||60,000-75,000|
|Ansaldo College of Education, Chennai||37,500-40,000|
|Rajalakshmi College of Education, Chennai||46,500-55,000|
B.Ed Colleges in Bangalore
B.Ed Course is offered by around 30-40 colleges in Bangalore. The top B.Ed colleges in Bangalore and their average fees have been tabulated below.
|College Names||Average Fees(INR)|
|Al-Ameen College of Education, Bangalore||58,000-65,000|
|Amitha B.Ed. Teachers Training College, Bangalore||70,000-85,000|
|Vijaya Teachers College – [CTE], Bangalore||6,000-15,000|
|Christ University, Bangalore||72,500-80,000|
|RR Group of Institutions, Bangalore||90,000-95,000|
|R. S. College of Management and Science, Bangalore||2,00,000-2,15,000|
|Bes Group of Institutions, Bangalore||6,000-15,000|
|Diana College of Education, Bangalore||1,20,000-1,50,000|
|K.I.E.T College of Education, Bangalore||90,000-1,20,000|
B.Ed Colleges in Hyderabad
There are 15 B.Ed colleges in Hyderabad. The top entrance examination for admission to the B.Ed course in Hyderabad is TS EDCET
|College Names||Average Fees(INR)|
|Ghulam Ahmed College of Education – [GACOE], Hyderabad||35-40,000|
|Maulana Azad National Urdu University – [MANUU], Hyderabad||11-20,000|
|AMS College of Teacher Education, Hyderabad||31-40,000|
|Pasha College of Education – [PCOE], Hyderabad||20-30,000|
|Sri Indu College of Education, Hyderabad||25-30,000|
|Ramadevi College of Education||55-60,000|
|SRM College of Education, Hyderabad||40-50,000|
B.Ed Colleges in Mumbai
There are 20-25 B.Ed colleges in Mumbai. The top entrance exam for admission to the B.Ed course in Mumbai is MAH B.Ed CET, we have listed the top b.ed colleges in Mumbai.
|College Names||Average Fees|
|Chembur Sarvankash Shikshan Shastra Mahavidyalaya – [CSSSM], Mumbai||INR 17-20,000|
|Thakur Shyamnarayan College of Education and Research – [TSCER], Mumbai||INR 20-25,000|
|Gandhi Shikshan Bhavan’s Smt Surajba College of Education, Mumbai||INR 19-25,000|
|K. J. Somaiya Comprehensive College of Education Training and Research, Mumbai||INR 1-1.2 lakhs|
|Hansraj Jivandas College of Education, Mumbai||INR 11-20,000|
|Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University – [SNDT], Mumbai||INR 35-40,000|
|Pillai College of Education and Research – [PCER] Chembur Naka, Mumbai||INR 88-90,000|
|Secondary Training College, Mumbai||INR 16-45,000|
|SMT Kapila Khandwala College of Education, Mumbai||INR 16-30,000|
B.Ed Colleges in Howrah
The following are the B.Ed college Howrah with their fees.
|College Names||Average Fees|
|Seacom Engineering College, Howrah||INR 1.35-1.5 lakhs|
|Bijoy Krishna Girls College – [BKGC], Howrah||INR 17-45,000|
|Uluberia College, Howrah||INR 40-50,000|
|Hope Institute of Bengal (B.Ed Section), Howrah||INR 90- 95,000|
B.Ed jobs and salary in India 2022
Now we will know about the average salary and various job roles offered after completing B.ed.
|Job Profile||Average Salary (In INR)|
|Teacher||INR 3-5 Lakhs|
|Counsellor||INR 3-5 Lakhs|
|Content Writer||INR 2.8-3.5 Lakhs|
|Educational Researcher||INR 6-7 Lakhs|
|Consultant||INR 3-5 Lakhs|
|Principal||INR 4.5-7 Lakhs|
Skill set required for B.ED in 2022
The candidates after completing their B.ed are generally hired as teachers in private or government institutions, so these are the top skills required for the B.ed course.
- Good communication skills
- Organizational skills
Question: Is a B.Ed degree a regular one?
Answer: There are three modes in which an individual can pursue a B.ed degree i.e., regular, distance and online degree.
Question: Is it compulsory to appear in an entrance examination for B.Ed?
Answer: Though most colleges demand several entrance exams, there are some colleges which grant admission without any entrance exam.