Infinity Education Services
“The duties of a teacher are neither few nor small, but they elevate the mind and give energy to the character.”
I Deliver Measurable Results
B.ED Course Details (Everything You Need to Know)
Teaching is considered one of the prestigious professions in India, an individual must have a B.Ed degree if one wishes to become a teacher. It helps candidates to improve their soft skills such as communication skills.
The importance of a B.ED course is :
- It is necessary if you want to be a government teacher, some private institutions which pay well also ask for this degree.
- Job satisfaction obtained after teaching students is also one of the motivations to pursue this course, a teacher contributes to nation-building.
- Usually, teachers get good pay after completing B.ed, average salary for the government primary teacher ranges from INR 7 -8 lakhs approximately annually.
- Job security is also one of the important factors which make this career valuable.
- Candidates can also open their tuition centres after B.ed which opens entrepreneurial doors for the candidates.
- candidates also apply for B.ed because the time duration of working hours is less compared to other professionals.
The full form of B.ED course is a bachelor of education, its duration ranges from 2-4 years, for different institutions. A person can pursue a B.ED course in regular, online, part-time and distance learning mode. Candidates can pursue online B.ED courses from various platforms such as Coursera, edx, up grad, etc. The subjects of the B.ED course are contemporary India and education, school attachment, health, etc. The best colleges or universities to pursue the B.ED course are Banaras Hindu University, Delhi University, and the University of Calcutta. The minimum eligibility criteria for pursuing B.ED from any institution is that an individual must have completed his graduation from a recognized university with a minimum score of 50% aggregate marks.
The candidate needs to appear for an entrance exam if they want admission in a B.ED course. Top entrance exams for B.ED courses are DU B.ED entrance exam, RIE CEE, MAH B.ED CET, etc. The average fee for the B.ed course ranges from INR 50,000-3,00,000 approximately. The fee for government colleges is relatively lower than that of private colleges. The working professionals who are not happy with their current career and want to build a career in the field education sector can opt for a distance B.ED.
Candidates who want to become teaching professionals abroad can apply to top universities around the world. The average course fee for B.ed abroad is around INR 20,00,000 per annum. With the implementation of the new education policy candidates who have completed their post-graduation degree can pursue a B.ed degree for 1 year which will make candidates job-ready within a shorter period.
Who should study B.ED?
Till now we have a rough idea about what is B.ED and some other important aspects of B.ED. Now we will discuss who should pursue B.ED.
- The B.ED course should be studied by candidates who wish to have a career in the educational sector.
- Candidates who like to work with children and guide them in education.
- Candidates who wish to become special educators can also take a B.ED program.
- Candidates who are interested in becoming educational counsellors can also take this course.
- Candidates who are working as teachers but want to get better career prospects can also consider pursuing this course.
When to do B.ED?
- Candidates can immediately start with their B.ED after completion of their graduation. A candidate from any stream can pursue B.ed
- Candidates must also put in more time to pass the B.ED entrance exam if they get admission to a government college, as it holds more value than that of private institutions.
B.Ed Admission process in 2023
- Admission to B.ED courses is done based on several entrance exams such as IPU CET, BHU B.ED entrance test, DU B.ED, etc.
- After clearing the entrance exam, the candidate needs to sit for
- GD/PI if that particular college demands it.
- After clearing the GD/PI round you have to submit the essential documents to the college and fees to secure your admission and reserve your seats.
Eligibility Criteria for B.ED 2023
Different colleges have different sets of requirements or eligibility criteria to get admission to the B.ED course; however, the general eligibility criteria for the B.ED course remain the same for every college.
- Candidates wishing to apply for the course must be a graduate. They should have secured a minimum score of 50-55% aggregate marks in the final year of graduation.
- Some colleges even have a minimum age limit to pursue this course, the minimum age limit of 19-20 years approximately.
For detailed eligibility criteria, you must check the eligibility criteria for the college you wish to give the exam.
B.Ed admission in 2023
B.ED admission in 2023 is done based on the entrance exam to the top colleges and universities. Given below are the top entrance exams which an individual can give if he/she wants to get admission to the top colleges for B.ED course.
- RIE CEE
- DU B.ED Entrance exam
- IPU CET
- BHU B.ED entrance exam
- UP B.ED entrance exam
Now let’s know about these exams in detail
- The full form of RIE CEE is the Regional Institutes of Education Common Entrance Examination.
- RIE CEE is conducted by the NCERT.
- The duration of the RIE CEE is 120 minutes.
- The application fee for RIE CEE is INR 900 for the general and OBC categories. Fees for other categories are INR 450.
CUET is an entrance exam conducted by the NTA for admission to the undergraduate and B.ED courses.
DU B.ED Entrance exam
- It is an entrance exam which is conducted by the Delhi University for admission to the B.ED course.
- The exam is generally held in the online mode and the duration of the exam is 2 hours consisting of 100 MCQs.
- The entrance consists of questions about subject knowledge, language proficiency, reasoning and general awareness.
- The cost of the examination form for DU B.ED is INR 500 for the general/OBC category and INR 250 for other categories.
- IPU CET is a university-level entrance examination conducted by the GGSIPU for admission into different UG and PG courses?
- The duration of the IPU CET is 3 hours.
- The fee for the examination is INR 1200
- There are about 200 seats available in the B.ED course.
BHU B.ED entrance exam
- BHU B.ED entrance exam is a university-level examination conducted by Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- BHU entrance exam is conducted in online mode. The duration of the exam is 2.5 hours.
- The fee for the entrance examination is INR 400 for the general and OBC category, and fees for other categories is INR 200.
UP B.ED Entrance Exam
- It is a state-level exam that is conducted by Lucknow University for admission to the B.ED course.
- The duration of the UP B.ED entrance exam is 3 hours.
- The total marks for the UP B.ED exam are 200 marks.
B.ED 2023 Important dates (Key Highlights)
The exam calendar for most of the B.ED exams has been released, given below table shows the important dates for the B, ed entrance exam.
|Name of the Exams||Registration Dates||Exam Dates|
|IGNOU B.Ed||November 21 – December 25, 2022 (January Session)||January 08, 2023|
|IPU CET||March 24 – April 30, 2023||May 30 – June 15, 2023|
|DU B.Ed (Now CUET PG)||March 20 – May 05, 2023||June 05 – 12, 2023|
|Bihar B.Ed CET||February 20 – March 15, 2023||April 08, 2023|
|MAH B.Ed CET|
March 03 – 14, 2023 (BA-B.Ed/BSc-B.Ed)
March 09 – 23, 2023 (B.Ed-General & Special/ B.Ed.-ELCT)
April 02, 2023 (BA-B.Ed/BSc-B.Ed)
April 23 – 25, 2023 (B.Ed-General & Special/ B.Ed.-ELCT)
|HPU B.Ed||April 18 – May 16, 2023||May 31, 2023|
|UP B.Ed JEE|
February 10 – May 15, 2023
May 16 – 20, 2023 (with a late fee)
|June 15, 2023|
|AP EDCET||March 24 – May 15, 2023||June 14, 2023|
|Jharkhand B.Ed Entrance||February 10 – March 10, 2023||May 13, 2023|
|TS EDCET||March 06 – May 01, 2023||May 18, 2023|
|Rajasthan PTET Pre B.Ed Entrance||March 15 – April 15, 2023||May 21, 2023|
|Odisha B.Ed Entrance||May 04 – 14, 2023||June 11, 2023|
B.ED Admission 2023
Types of B.ED in 2023
B.ed has been made compulsory for teaching students in public schools in India, this has increased the demand for B.ed courses among the candidates. Since the course was introduced in India, many modifications have been made in the course so that it can be done by every candidate at their ease. There are various types of b.ed which a person can pursue. Let’s discuss the types of B.ed one by one.
Full Time B.ED
- A full-time B.ED is a 2-year professional course offered to candidates who want to make their career in the field education sector.
- Full-time B.ED course is generally pursued by most of the candidates.
- The average course fees for the B.ED course full-time course ranges between INR 20,000-2,00,000 approximately.
- Admission to the online B.ED courses is available throughout the year and is done on a first-come and first-serve basis.
- The courses are available on various online platforms like Coursera, edx, etc.
- The fee for an online course ranges from INR 3,000-15,000 approximately.
B.ED Vs BTC
The difference between BTC or Basic teaching certificate and B.ed bachelors of education is that BTC focuses more on primary education whereas B.ed focuses on teaching jobs till class 12th.
Given below table shows the key difference between B.ed and BTC.
Bachelor of Education
Basic Training Certificate
B.Ed. allows one to pursue their career in teaching students till class 12th
BTC makes you ready for teaching primary students
Qualified graduate from a recognized college
Qualified 10+2 classes
Average Annual Fee
INR 20,000- 1 Lakhs per annum
INR 20,000- 2 Lakhs per annum
Average Salary offered
INR 2.5-4 Lakhs per annum
INR 2-3 Lakhs per annum
B.Ed Specialization in 2023
Since you know that there are various teachers in a school which are teaching different subjects, thus a person can do specialization in the subject he/she is interested to teach.
Given below are the specialization of B.ed which a person can consider while doing B.ed.
B.Ed in Hindi
B.Ed Special Education
B.Ed in Computer Science
B.Ed in Sanskrit
B Ed Psychology
B.Ed Physical Education
B.Ed Physical Science
B Ed Home Science
B Ed Physics
B Ed History
B.Ed social science
B.Ed Political Science
B.ed natural science
B.Ed Hearing Impaired
Distance B.Ed in 2023
Distance B.ed education is a 2-year correspondence professional course that is taken by the working professionals who do not have time to attend a full-time B.ed college.
- Distance B.Ed admission in 2023
Admission to Distance B.ed can be done both based on merit as well as entrance exams. Now let’s have a look at the general eligibility criteria for the Distance B.ed
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum aggregate score of 50-55% approximately.
- The candidates of the reserved category are given a 5% relaxation for selection.
- There is no minimum or maximum age limit for admission in Distance B.ed.
- The average fee for the course ranges from 50,000-1,00,000 per annum approximately.
- Distance B.Ed from IGNOU 2023
- The IGNOU, Indira Gandhi National open university is one of the best institutions to pursue distance B.ed the minimum duration of the course is 2 years and it can go up to 5 years. The course fee ranges from INR 50-75,000.
- The admission is undertaken in IGNOU for the B.ed course based on the marks secured in the entrance exam.
- The Average marks that an individual must secure in bachelor’s degree ranges from 50-55% approximately.
- Distance B.ed from NSOU 2023
The NSOU(Netaji Subhas open university), Kolkata offers a distance B.ed course which is approved by the distance education board-UGC.
The duration of the Distance b.ed course from NSOU is 3 years.
The average marks scored by the candidate in UG/PG should be 50-55% approximately.
The course fee ranges from INR 40-50,000 approximately.
Top Distance B.Ed Courses in 2023
This section will know about the top colleges from where you can pursue Distance B.ed, the location of these universities and the average fee charged from them.
The below-mentioned fee is approximate, they are not the exact fees for the course, you can check the exact fees for the colleges from their websites.
Lovely Professional University
INR 50,000-55,000 (Per semester)
Rabindranath Tagore University
B.Ed Curriculum 2023
B.ed curriculum is designed in such a way so that the students are well acquainted with the skills that are required to face various challenges in teaching students. It also tells the teacher that teaching is not all about just completing the syllabus, it is about communication and proper passing of knowledge .Each year of education is divided into 2 semesters of 4-6 months in B.ed course
- B.Ed Syllabus 2023
Given below is the semester-wise syllabus for the B.ed program
B.Ed Syllabus Year 1
B.Ed Syllabus First Semester
B.Ed Syllabus Second Semester
Childhood and Growing Up
Learning and Teaching
Contemporary India and Education
Pedagogy of School Subject-1 – Part II
Language across the Curriculum
Pedagogy of School Subject-2 – Part II
Pedagogy of School Subject-1 – Part I
Knowledge and Curriculum
Pedagogy of School Subject-2 – Part I
Assessment for Learning
Understanding ICT and Its Application
Community living camp
Field Engagement activities
B.Ed Syllabus Year 2
B.Ed Syllabus Third Semester
B.Ed Syllabus fourth Semester
Gender, School and Society
Reading and Reflecting on Texts
Engagement with the Field: Tasks and Assignments related to the internship
Arts in Education
Understanding the Self
Creating an Inclusive School
Health, Yoga and Physical Education
Engagement with the Field: Tasks and Assignments
B.Ed Subject Contents 2023
You must know the subject contents of the B.ed course before pursuing this course, given below are the subject contents for the B.ed course.
Childhood and Growing Up
Learner as a Developing Individual, Development and Learning, Adolescence: Issues and Concerns, Stages of Child Development
Contemporary India and Education
Contemporary India, Constitutional Provisions and Education, Initiatives of the Government of India, Contemporary Indian Education:
Learning and Teaching
Understanding the Learner, Understanding Learning, Teaching as a Profession, Learning in a ‘Constructivist’ Perspective
Gender, School and Society
Key Concepts of Gender Issues, Socialization Processes in India, Creating Gender Inclusive Classroom
Creating an Inclusive School
Understanding Inclusion in Education, understanding physical, psychological and social-cultural diversity, Addressing Learners’ Diversity
Top B.Ed Colleges in India
There are various colleges in India which are offering B.ed courses, but it is not possible to shortlist colleges which can make a list of the top colleges of B.ed in India.So, we will be telling you the top colleges in New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Howrah.
B.Ed Colleges in New Delhi
There are a lot of colleges and universities in New Delhi which are offering B.ed courses we have shortlisted some of the best colleges among them with their fees. The entrance exams which you have to take if you want admission in Delhi to b.ed colleges are DU B.ed entrance exam, IPU CET, etc.
Delhi University – [DU], New Delhi
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University – [GGSIPU], New Delhi
Jamia Millia Islamia University-[Jmi], New Delhi
Kamal Institute of Higher Education & Advance Technology, New Delhi
Amity Institute of Education – [AIE], New Delhi
Guru Nanak College of Education – [GNCE], New Delhi
Fairfield Institute of Management and Technology – [FIMT], New Delhi
R.C. Institute of Technology – [RCIT], New Delhi
Maharaja Surajmal Institute – [MSI], New Delhi
B.Ed Colleges in Kolkata
There are 25 B.Ed Colleges in Kolkata. The admission to these B. Ed courses is done based on a merit list or entrance examination, we have shortlisted some of the colleges from these 25 colleges.
Loreto College, Kolkata
Rabindra Bharati University – [RBU], Kolkata
St. Xavier’s College – [SXC], Kolkata
Sammilani Teachers Training College, Kolkata
University of Calcutta, Kolkata
Jadavpur University, Kolkata
B.Ed Colleges in Chennai
B.Ed course is offered in 20-25 colleges in Chennai. The average fees of some of the top B.Ed Colleges have been tabulated below.
Vinayaga College of Education – [VCE], Chennai
DMI College of Education, Chennai
Stella Matutina College of Education, Chennai
Institute of Advanced Study in Education, Chennai
Srm Institute of Technology, Kattankulathur, Chennai
VELS Institute of Science, Technology & Advanced Studies, Chennai
Dr M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute, Chennai
Ansaldo College of Education, Chennai
Rajalakshmi College of Education, Chennai
B.Ed Colleges in Bangalore
B.Ed Course is offered by around 30-40 colleges in Bangalore. The top B.Ed colleges in Bangalore and their average fees have been tabulated below.
Al-Ameen College of Education, Bangalore
Amitha B.Ed. Teachers Training College, Bangalore
Vijaya Teachers College – [CTE], Bangalore
Christ University, Bangalore
RR Group of Institutions, Bangalore
R. S. College of Management and Science, Bangalore
Bes Group of Institutions, Bangalore
Diana College of Education, Bangalore
K.I.E.T College of Education, Bangalore
B.Ed Colleges in Hyderabad
There are 15 B.Ed colleges in Hyderabad. The top entrance examination for admission to the B.Ed course in Hyderabad is TS EDCET
Ghulam Ahmed College of Education – [GACOE], Hyderabad
Maulana Azad National Urdu University – [MANUU], Hyderabad
AMS College of Teacher Education, Hyderabad
Pasha College of Education – [PCOE], Hyderabad
Sri Indu College of Education, Hyderabad
Ramadevi College of Education
SRM College of Education, Hyderabad
B.Ed Colleges in Mumbai
There are 20-25 B.Ed colleges in Mumbai. The top entrance exam for admission to the B.Ed course in Mumbai is MAH B.Ed CET, we have listed the top b.ed colleges in Mumbai.
Chembur Sarvankash Shikshan Shastra Mahavidyalaya – [CSSSM], Mumbai
Thakur Shyamnarayan College of Education and Research – [TSCER], Mumbai
Gandhi Shikshan Bhavan’s Smt Surajba College of Education, Mumbai
K. J. Somaiya Comprehensive College of Education Training and Research, Mumbai
INR 1-1.2 lakhs
Hansraj Jivandas College of Education, Mumbai
Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University – [SNDT], Mumbai
Pillai College of Education and Research – [PCER] Chembur Naka, Mumbai
Secondary Training College, Mumbai
SMT Kapila Khandwala College of Education, Mumbai
B.Ed Colleges in Howrah
The following are the B.Ed college Howrah with their fees.
|College Names||Average Fees|
|Seacom Engineering College, Howrah||INR 1.35-1.5 lakhs|
|Bijoy Krishna Girls College – [BKGC], Howrah||INR 17-45,000|
|Uluberia College, Howrah||INR 40-50,000|
|Hope Institute of Bengal (B.Ed Section), Howrah||INR 90- 95,000|
B.Ed jobs and salary in India 2023
Now we will know about the average salary and various job roles offered after completing B.ed.
|Job Profile||Average Salary (In INR)|
|Teacher||INR 3-5 Lakhs|
|Counsellor||INR 3-5 Lakhs|
|Content Writer||INR 2.8-3.5 Lakhs|
|Educational Researcher||INR 6-7 Lakhs|
|Consultant||INR 3-5 Lakhs|
|Principal||INR 4.5-7 Lakhs|
Skill set required for B.ED in 2023
The candidates after completing their B.ed are generally hired as teachers in private or government institutions, so these are the top skills required for the B.ed course.
- Good communication skills
- Organizational skills
Question: Is a B.Ed degree a regular one?
Answer: There are three modes in which an individual can pursue a B.ed degree i.e., regular, distance and online degree.
Question: Is it compulsory to appear in an entrance examination for B.Ed?
Answer: Though most colleges demand several entrance exams, there are some colleges which grant admission without any entrance exam
B.ED Admission 2023 Open
Call Our Experts Now..